Face it: We all become creatures of habit. We get so used to our usual routine that we sometimes forget we need to protect ourselves. With cyber-theft on the rise, we need to think about a few simple things to help safeguard our identity. Here are a few tips:
- Don’t let people look over your shoulder when entering a PIN number at the point-of-sale in a brick-and-mortar store.
- Never click a link sent to you through an email.
- Never open a file if you’re not sure of where the source comes from.
- Limit access others have to your computers and devices.
- Shred all documents that have an account number or social security number.
Aric Mitchell * https://blog.4tests.com/17-tech-tips-every-student-should-know/ & Jim Roberts